Frequently Asked Questions
There always comes a time when one of your home appliances becomes defective and you haveto wonder whether you should repair or replace it. For your information, here are the fourconditions our technicians use to help them recommend whether to repair or completely replacesaid defective appliance:
- Physical State: is the general condition of your appliance acceptable, without any major signs of rust or corrosion?
- Mechanical State: in addition to the defect, does your appliance work silently, without any appearance of leakage, odors or any other mechanical signs?
- Cost of Repair: As a general rule, the repair should cost around half as much as a new appliance with the same set of features.
- Extension of Life Expectancy: will the repair extend the appliance’s life to 2 to 4 years?
Average life expectancy of large electric appliances (years)
Do you do repairs in the evening or on the weekends?
No, we don’t.
I've seen cheaper repairs elsewhere.
Our goal at Service 2000 is to provide: fast service, technicians who are always up-to-date with new technologies, a supply of replacement parts to do repairs on the first visit if you decide to go ahead with it, a one year parts and labor warranty. We are also a CAA-Quebec recommended supplier and an authorized service center for about thirty manufacturers including Bosch, Fisher & Paykel, and Brigade (Viking). If you want to do business with a solid company that will solve your problem for good, we are here for you.
I bought my part, can you install it?
With pleasure. However, please note that we do not guarantee the repair or the part, since its origin is unknown to us. The price we charge for our parts include the following:
- We search for and order good generation parts.
- Parts are delivered to us, and then we deliver them to you.
- Parts are inspected and guaranteed for a year, as well as the labor...
In general, how much does a repair cost?
Customer service managers are sometimes able to give you an idea of what the repair may cost. However, we mention on every call that only a service technician will be able to clearly identify the cause of your appliance’s malfunction and estimate repair costs.
I don’t have the model number, is that a problem?
Although we have a huge inventory of parts in stock, it is possible that we won’t have what is needed, which will result in an additional visit. Although we don’t charge additional travel costs, we especially want to save your time and ours.
Follow this link to find your appliance’s model number.
Are you going to charge me for two service calls if the technician has to come back to install a part?
No, we will only charge for one service call. Subsequently, we charge a flat rate depending on the service required.
Will you credit the service call if I have the appliance repaired?
We don’t include the cost of the service call in the repair, and keep the two charges separate. Companies that credit the service call add it to the repair cost.
Are your criteria for selecting appliance suppliers high? That’s great! Service 2000’s
accreditation as a CAA-Quebec recommended supplier is an excellent display of confidence foryou! By accrediting Service 2000 Appliances, CAA-Quebec ensures that we are worthy of yourtrust and validates that we meet the following rigorous selection criteria:
- Credibility and skills Years of experience, compulsory licensing, professional affiliations, etc.
- Solvency Verification of the company’s “financial health.”
- Reputation with customers Satisfaction survey with a group of customers selected by CAA-Quebec.
- Quality Protection Program Verification of liability insurance and a guarantee policy.
- Service Courtesy, willingness, cleanliness, customer service, pricing policies, etc.